I originally saw this on Pinterest and I must say it has inspired me. I have posted the link to this in my "DIY Projects" tab at the top of this page. On her blog she goes over step by step directions on how she did this. I think this is a neat idea. Great way to turn those boring onesies into something cute for the summertime. Let me know if any of you attempt this. I want to see pictures!!!
Hello to you all. I have yet another fun project for you to attempt. I try to make my projects practical and as frugal as possible. So one thing that I needed for the nursery was a dresser. I could easily go to the store and buy one, but what fun is that? I found this lady who was selling one for $20. I went to go look at it and the only flaw I saw was the color. All of the furniture in the nursery happens to be brown but for $20 I still took it and decided to paint it. This entire project cost me roughly $35
Things I used
1. Dresser ($20)
2. Mod Podge Paste ($0, I had some in my art room)
3. Mod Podge Sealant Sprayer ($0, I had some in my art room)
4. Rust-oleum Paint ($8 at Home Depot)
5. Card Stock (4 for $1, sale at Jo-Ann's I bought 14 so I spent $3.21)
6. White knobs (pack of 6 for $1.99 at Ikea)
Ok lets get started!!!! This is what the original dresser looked like. It's not horrible but I knew I could make it better
Before I did anything I removed the drawers just to keep any painting accidents from happening. I tend to watch tv as I paint
This is the Rust-oleum paint I used. It was worth the 8 bucks. I fully recommend it.
I laid out my tarp and started painting. One thing I loved about the Rust-oleum paint is there are no fumes and it's safe to use indoors. Which was perfect for me because I was able to paint at night and I didn't have to worry about inhaling fumes.
While this is drying you can work on the drawers. I apologize I forgot to take a picture of this step. What you need to do is remove the knobs from the drawers. Then put mod podge on the drawers. After I did that I put the card stock on top of the mod podge. I let it dry for about 10-15 minutes. Then I put mod podge on top of the card stock. Put it to the side and let it dry. If you need to see pictures then reference my ceramic coaster diy and do this the same way just using drawers vs ceramic tile
Once the drawers are dried it's up to you what you'd like to do next. I'm putting this in a childs room so I decided to spray mod podge sealant on top for further protection. Whether you do that or not is up to you. Put the knobs back on, and place the drawers back in the dresser
Happy Monday to you all. I hope everyone had a productive creative weekend. I attempted this week to make some hanging wall art for the nursery. ***Disclaimer: This was my first attempt at such a thing***
There..glad I got that disclaimer out of the way. Here is a picture of the things I used
One tip that I do have for anyone who is going to paint on canvas is to put push pins on the backside in each corner. I know you're looking at me weird but I promise you this works. The purpose of this is to elevate your canvas which will prevent it from sticking to your drop cloth, sheet, etc. It sucks to paint something then have to peel it from the sheet/cloth.
So I painted the entire canvas brown because that's what I wanted my background to be.
After it dried, I just wrote on it this scripture that I liked. You can of course write whatever you choose to. It's your project so you can do whatever you want to :)
I hope everyone had a great summer. I recently took some time off but now I'm officially back. I recently found out that I am expecting. So it's a very exciting time for me. One thing that I realized is just how expensive it is to decorate a nursery. Some things are sheerly ridiculous. So I've decided that I will make some things and some things I'll buy. My first project was to sew a baby's blanket. I hit a few bumps here and there but overall I was impressed with how it turned out. So impressed that I'm going to add this item to my Etsy shop.
Supplies I Used
1. Two pieces of fabric--Rectangle shape. The top fabric was 22" x 32" and the bottom fabric was 25" x 35"
2. Matching thread
3. Quilt Batting
I found this Winnie the Pooh and Chocolate fabric at Wal-mart. I didn't pay over $8 for it
Hello to you all!! I hope everyone had an amazing 4th. I've been a bit absent from my blog but yesterday I worked on a fab-u-lous project. It was super easy and I encourage you all to try it.
I was at a yard sale and stumbled upon this night stand. The guy only wanted $10 for it. After a thorough inspection I determined it was perfect for what I wanted. I'm super excited with the way it came out. I didn't have to strip it & used a black stain. I kept the original handles but sprayed them white..and tada..I got an amazing night stand
Happy Tuesday everyone!! Last night I burned the midnight oil trying to finish up my nieces birthday gift. I found this gift idea on Google believe it or not & fell in love. I was beyond amazed how well my first one came out and I can't wait to make many many more. I hope everyone has a very productive day. Until next time