Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'm a Sewing...Machine

So i recently decided to get into the wonderful world of sewing. One thing that I will admit is that it's a pretty scary world. However, learning how to sew I felt would open up more things for me to create outside of a glue gun. So last week, I went bravely to the store and bought a beginners machine. I bought the Brothers LX2500. Looks real legit right?
I will be the first to admit. When I got the machine home, I had NO IDEA what to do next. One thing that I like about this machine was that the directions were really easy to follow. I also logged onto YOUTUBE and looked at a few videos as well. Next thing I knew I was all threaded up and ready to go.
I next went to Wal-Mart to buy some very inexpensive yet super cute fabric.
I was determined to make pillow cases for my throw pillows. I watched a billion YOUTUBE videos and looked at a dozen DIY sites and looky what I made
They aren't 100% perfect, but they do look really good. I am very proud of myself **pats self on back**

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I have sewn for years, taught by my mom when I was growing up. Stick with it...you will amaze yourself at what you can do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy..I plan on sticking with it for sure

      Delete